COBIT® - Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology is a globally accepted framework for the governance and management of IT originally created by ISACA, Information Systems Audit and Control Association later on handled in partnership with IT Governance Institute (ITGI).
COBIT® has the goal to enable businesses of all sizes to maintain quality information in order to support strategic business decisions, to achieve strategic goals and realize business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT, to achieve operational excellence trough a reliable and effective application of the current technologies, to keep the risks associated with information systems to an acceptable level and to optimize the cost of the IT system.
Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT 2019). It aligns business goals to IT processes and goals, providing tools, resources and guidance to achieve, identify and associate responsibilities of business and IT processes. COBIT 2019 stimulates innovation in IT, bridging the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
After following this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Explain the key attributes of the COBIT framework
- Compare the COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Describe the components of a governance system:
- Describe the elements of governance and management objectives.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam